Her Love Boils Bathwater
- Tuesday, May 23, 19:30 Mousonturm Saal
- Wednesday, May 24, 22:00 Mal Seh'n Kino
Yu o wakasu hodo no atsui ai
- Japan 2016, DCP, 125 min, Japanese with English subtitles, released to age 6 or older
- Director & script: Ryota NAKANO
- Production: The Klockworx, TV Tokyo, Hakuhodo DY Music & Pictures, Pipeline, Hikari TV
- Camera: Yoshihiro IKEUCHI
- World sales: Hakuhodo DY Music & Pictures
- Cast: Rie MIYAZAWA, Hana SUGISAKI, Joe ODAGIRI, Tori MATSUZAKA, Yukiko SHINOHARA
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Deserted by her husband, Futaba must close her bathhouse and look after her daughter Azumi alone. When she is diagnosed with terminal cancer, Futaba wastes no time on self-pity, but decides to reunite her family and heal the wounds of the past. Filled with tender humor, Ryota NAKANO’s drama was one of last year’s big cinema hits in Japan, with several awards going to lead actress Rie MIYAZAWA.
Ryota NAKANO was born in Kyoto in 1973. After graduating from the Japan Institute of the Moving Image, he first made a name for himself with short films. His feature length debut, CAPTURING DAD (2012), won numerous national and international prizes, having also been screened at the 2013 edition of the Berlinale.
2012 Capturing Dad (Chichi o tori ni)