- Wednesday, May 24, 14:30 Mousonturm Saal
- Thursday, May 25, 17:30 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Japan 2017, DCP, 117 min, Japanese with German subtitles, released to age 12 or older
- Director: Hideaki ANNO, Shinji HIGUCHI
- Script: Hideaki ANNO
- Production: Toho
- Camera: Kosuke YAMADA
- Distribution: Splendid Film
- Cast: Hiroki HASEGAWA, Yutaka TAKENOUCHI, Satomi ISHIHARA, Ren OSUGI, Shinya TSUKAMOTO
The biggest monster in film history is back – and it is bigger than ever! In this 29th installment of the legendary franchise, a gigantic creature emerges from Tokyo Bay, leaving the authorities helpless and without a plan. SHIN GODZILLA is rather a political drama than a monster film: the debates inside the conference room are as riveting as the fights against Godzilla.
Hideaki ANNO, born in Yamaguchi in 1960, made a name for himself as the director of the multi-award-winning anime series EVANGELION. Since 1998 he has also been directing live-action films.
Shinji HIGUCHI, born in Tokyo in 1965, is famous for his elaborate special effects, especially for kaiju films such as GAMERA: GUARDIAN OF THE UNIVERSE.
Hideaki ANNO: 1997 Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth (Shin seiki Evangerion gekijo ban: Shito shinsei); 1998 Love & Pop; 2004 Cutie Honey
Shinji HIGUCHI: 2006 Sinking of Japan (Nihon chinbotsu); 2015 Attack on Titan (Shingeki no kyojin)