The Night I Swam
- Thursday, May 31, 12:15 Naxoshalle Kino
- Japan / France 2017, DCP, 78 min, no dialog
- Directors & script: Damien Manivel, Kohei IGARASHI
- Production: MLD Films, Nobo, Shellac
- Camera: Wataru TAKAHASHI
- Music: Jérôme Petit
- World sales: Shellac
- Cast: Takara KOGAWA, Keiki KOGAWA, Takashi KOGAWA, Chisato KOGAWA
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
For six-year-old Takara, the way home from school turns into an unexpected odyssey in Japan’s snowiest region, Aomori. In their first film together, Damien Manivel and Kohei IGARASHI have created a simple, bewitchingly beautiful masterpiece that successfully oscillates between poetry, melancholy, and humor.
Damien Manivel’s feature film debut A YOUNG POET received the Special Mention at Locarno Film Festival in 2014. His second feature film THE PARK premiered at Cannes in 2016.
Kohei IGARASHI directed his first feature film, VOICE OF RAIN THAT COMES AT NIGHT, in 2008. His final year student film HOLD YOUR BREATH LIKE A LOVER was selected in competition at Locarno Festival 2014.
Damien Manivel: 2014 A Young Poet; 2016 The Park / Kohei IGARASHI: 2008 Voice of Rain that Comes at Night (Yaraifuu no koe); 2014 Hold Your Breath Like a Lover (Iki o koroshite / NC ’15)