Trace of Breath
- Thursday, May 31, 14:30 Naxoshalle Kino
Iki no ato
- Japan 2017, Blu-ray, 93 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & camera: Haruka KOMORI
- Production: Kasama Film
- World sales: ARTicle films
- German premiere in the presence of the director and of the producer Takeshi HATA
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
Teiichi SATO runs a small seed-and-gardening shop in Rikuzentakata, a small town that was heavily destroyed in the 2011 earthquake and tsunami. For many people in the region, including Mr. SATO himself, his shop has become a beacon of hope. Filmmaker Haruka KOMORI has created an inspiring and humorous documentary portrait.
Haruka KOMORI was born in Shizuoka Prefecture in 1989 and studied at Tokyo University of the Arts. After the Tohoku earthquake in 2011, she moved from Tokyo to Rikuzentakata in order to document the peoples’ lives in the region. TRACE OF BREATH is her feature-length debut.