Wilderness (Part 1 & 2)
- Sunday, June 3, 12:30 Naxoshalle Kino
- あゝ、荒野 (前篇・後篇)
Aa, koya (zempen • kohen)
- Japan 2017, Blu-ray, 304 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Yoshiyuki KISHI
- Script: Yoshiyuki KISHI, Takehiko MINATO based on a novel by Shuji TERAYAMA
- Production: Wilderness Film Partners
- Camera: Kozo NATSUMI
- World sales: My Theater D.D.
- Cast: Masaki SUDA, Ik-june YANG, Yusuke SANTAMARIA, Akari KINOSHITA, Tae KIMURA
- European premiere
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
Tokyo in the year 2021: The city is rocked by protests, but Shinji and Kenji are preoccupied with their own issues surrounding their family histories. They befriend each other at their boxing gym, and decide to try and find new perspectives for their future. In his adaptation of Shuji TERAYAMA’s novel, Yoshiyuki KISHI unfolds an epic drama that was lauded by Japanese film critics and received numerous awards.
Yoshiyuki KISHI was born in Yamagata Prefecture in 1964 and began his career in the field of documentary filmmaking. After numerous productions for NHK and other TV channels, he made his feature film debut in 2016 with A DOUBLE LIFE, for which he won the Best Director Prize at the Vladivostok Pacific Meridian Film Festival.
2016 A Double Life (Niju seikatsu)