- Wednesday, May 29, 22:15 Naxoshalle Kino
- Japan 2018, 74 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director, script & world sales: Yu KAJINO
- Production: The 7th Poetry Society
- Camera: Kohei MIYASHITA
- Cast: Kunihiko Watanabe, Ayaka HORII, Minami SAEKI, Kyoko MIYAUCHI, Mio MATSUTAKE
- International premiere in the presence of the director
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
Kanji, who is employed at a nuclear power plant, begins to lose his grasp on reality after a fatal accident at his workplace. As he roams through nature, his personality gradually changes. An atmospheric black and white horror film, narrated at a slow pace by director Yu KAJINO about the invisible impact of radioactivity on human beings.
Yu KAJINO was born in Kanagawa Prefecture in 1978 and started shooting films with a cheap video camera after graduating from high school. After his university graduation, he founded the production company Caterpillar Films and made numerous short films, one of which, BE STILL, MY BEATING HEART (2005), was also screened at NIPPON CONNECTION in 2007. AHUM is his feature-length debut, which had its world premiere at the 2018 Kanazawa Film Festival.