Dawn Wind In My Poncho
- Friday, May 31, 22:30 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Sunday, June 2, 14:00 Mousonturm Saal
Poncho ni yoake no kaze haramasete
- Japan 2017, 90 min, Japanese with English subtitles, released to age 12 or older
- Director: Satoru HIROHARA
- Script: Kota OURA, Satoru HIROHARA based on a novel by Kazumasa HAYAMI
- Production: “Dawn Wind in My Poncho” Production Committee
- Camera: Ryuichi SHIMOKAWA
- World sales: ColorBird
- Cast: Taiga, Aoi NAKAMURA, Yuma YAMOTO, Aimi SATSUKAWA, Shota SOMETANI
- European premiere in the presence of the director
Matahachi, Jin and Jumbo are on a roadtrip in a shiny white Toyota Celsior; neither the car nor the boys will be the same after this. It’s their last trip before they part after graduation. Adventurous feelings and absurd comedy are mashed up with serious questions about identity and the future.
Satoru HIROHARA, born 1986 in Tokyo, studied at Musashino Art University as well as at Tokyo University of the Arts. His feature debut GOOD MORNING TO THE WORLD! (2010) was awarded with the Jury's Special prize at the 32nd Pia Film Festival in Tokyo and received the Dragons & Tigers Award for Young Cinema at the 29th Vancouver International Film Festival. In addition to screenings at other festivals, the film was also selected for the 61st Berlin International Film Festival. DAWN WIND IN MY PONCHO (2017) is his 5th feature length film.
Kindly supported by The City of Yokohama Frankfurt Representative Office and Referat für Internationale Angelegenheiten der Stadt Frankfurt at Main