Fly Me To The Saitama
- Wednesday, May 29, 19:15 Mousonturm Saal
- Sunday, June 2, 14:00 Mal Seh’n Kino
- Japan 2019, 107 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director: Hideki TAKEUCHI
- Script: Yuichi TOKUNAGA based on a manga by Mineo MAYA
- Production: Fuji Television Network, Toei, Television Saitama
- Camera: Sohei TANIKAWA
- World sales: Pony Canyon
- Cast: Fumi NIKAIDO, Gackt, Yusuke ISEYA, Masaki KYOMOTO, Shotaro MAMIYA
- German premiere
- Competition Nippon Cinema Award
Momomi, the son of Tokyo’s governor, often told he looks like a girl, falls in love with the mysterious Rei. Soon Momomi has to decide between his family and Rei. The latest extravagant adaptation of the eponymous manga plays like Romeo and Juliet on speed with added sugar frosting and high octane action.
Hideki TAKEUCHI, born in 1966, is known for his TV dramas such as FIRST KISS (2006), TRAIN MAN: DENSHA OTOKO (2005) or OOKU (THE INNER PALACE) (2004). He achieved his big break in 2012 with THERMAE ROMAE (NC’ 13), one of the most successful Japanese films in recent years.
Kindly supported by Yaskawa Europe