I Go Gaga, My Dear
- Wednesday, May 29, 17:15 Naxoshalle Kino
Bokemasukara, yoroshiku onegaishimasu.
- Japan 2018, 102 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & camera: Naoko NOBUTOMO
- Production: Netzgen, Fuji Television Network, KTV
- World sales: Shinji SAKODA
- International premiere
- Competition Nippon Docs Award
Director Naoko NOBUTOMO started filming the everyday routines of her 85-year-old parents, who still live alone in their home. Along the way, she documents the development of her mother’s Alzheimer’s, showing both the bright and dark sides of her parents’ life together. The intimate confines of the film create a private, natural picture, one that brings out many beautiful moments despite its heavy subject matter.
Naoko NOBUTOMO was born in Hiroshima Prefecture in 1961, and completed her studies at the University of Tokyo Faculty of Letters in 1984. Since 1986 she has been producing documentaries for Fuji TV that tackle various social themes, including her own struggle with breast cancer. I GO GAGA, MY DEAR (2018) is her first theater film.