- Thursday, May 30, 15:30 Mal Seh’n Kino (NIPPON KIDS: Screening with German voice-over)
- Friday, May 31, 11:30 Mousonturm Saal (Japanese with German subtitles)
Wakaokami wa shogakusei!
- Japan 2018, 92 min, Japanese with German subtitles and screening with German voice-over, released to age 6 or older
- Director: Kitaro KOSAKA
- Script: Reiko YOSHIDA based on a novel by Hiroko REIJO
- Production: DLE, Madhouse
- Distribution: AV Visionen
- Voice actors: Seiran KOBAYASHI, Satsumi MATSUDA, Teiyu ICHIRYUSAI
- German premiere
After Okko loses her parents in a car accident, she moves in with her grandmother at her countryside inn. She soon makes new friends, albeit ones that only she can see. Although director Kitaro KOSAKA uses the film to tackle complex topics like death and grief, he still manages to create a funny and loving tale not only for children, but all ages.
Kitaro KOSAKA, born Kanagawa Prefecture in 1962, is a Japanese animator and film director. He started his career in 1979 at Oh! Production. After 1986, he worked on numerous projects as a key and supervising animation director for the noted animation studio Studio Ghibli. There, he often collaborated with the famed director Hayao MIYAZAKI, whose work he admires immensely. In 2003, he directed the cycling anime film NASU – SUMMER IN ANDALUSIA. The film soon went on to become the first Japanese anime film ever to be selected for the Cannes Film Festival.
Presented by Kazé