- Tuesday, May 28, 22:15 Naxoshalle Kino
- Japan / Singapore 2018, 78 min, Japanese with English subtitles
- Director & script: Daisuke MIYAZAKI
- Production & world sales: Deep End Pictures
- Camera: Yasutaka WATANABE
- Music: The ARE, Lil’Yukichi
- Cast: Nina ENDO, Sumire, Takayuki YANAGI
- European premiere
- Competition Nippon Visions Jury Award and Nippon Visions Audience Award
One day, Nina wins two travel tickets and she invites her flatmate Su on a trip to Singapore. The two young women explore the city, in which some things are very familiar, while others seem strange. But when Nina gets lost, the banal touristic amusement takes an unexpected turn. Daisuke MIYAZAKI depicts a globalized youth culture, with actresses Nina ENDO and Sumire shining as a charming duo.
Daisuke MIYAZAKI was born in Yokohama in 1980. After his graduation from Waseda University, he worked as a production assistant and assistant director for Leos Carax and Kiyoshi KUROSAWA, among others. His debut feature, END OF THE NIGHT (2011), was successful both in Japan and abroad. In 2015, he participated in the Berlin International Film Festival Talents program as one of the co-directors of the omnibus film 5 TO 9. His next feature film, YAMATO (CALIFORNIA) (2016 / NC ’17), was screened at numerous international film festivals. TOURISM is his third feature film and was produced in collaboration with the ArtScience Museum and the Singapore International Film Festival.